Saturday, September 11, 2010

Ah, Europeans...

About a month and a half ago, I was sitting in my car by the beach at sundown, watching the end of the sunset.  My husband sent me a text message, and while I was reading it I heard some people (two guys and a girl) approaching the car next to me, which was the only other car.  They were speaking what sounds like some Eastern European language that I'm not familiar with, so I didn't really bother to look up.  I just sat their texting back a reply.

By the time I finished my text, I looked out the window to see a surprising sight.  There was a white, naked butt right next to my driver side window.  Surprise!  The girl was dressed standing in the open passenger door of their car while the two guys were bent over, drying off and changing.  Normally, we from California change cleverly inside our towels, but our European tourists don't always bother with such hassles.  They were naked right there in the neighborhood.  (Lucky girl.)

So the guys who's butt was facing me was about half way into his dry pants, while the other, who was in the street behind their car, was still drying off with his towel.  I would have checked to see if there was someone in the next car over before bearing it all, but they didn't think that far ahead.  As a reward, I started my car, which was awesome!  The guy next to me jumped pretty high off one leg, and by the time he landed, his pants were all the way on.  The other guy tried to pull the same trick, but he wasn't dry enough yet.  He got stuck half way, with a towel stuffed part way down his pants, hopping on one leg.  It didn't seem like his bare feet were used to that.  Oh my!

Needless to say, it was a treat for both me and the other girl, who was laughing hysterically through the whole thing.  The two guys laughed after the initial shock wore off.  Even in the dim light, I could see how red their white faces were.  I backed out of my parking spot and said, "Looks nice!" with a big thumbs up, just to rub it in.  I could still hear the girl laughing as I drove off.

I suppose I could have knocked on my window and been nice about it.  I thought about that one.  If my window had been down, I might have given him a little slap.  I know, I'm a mean person.  I also could have just sat there in my car until they left, which they probably never would have noticed.  Nah.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You're a woman after my own heart. I also loved how you dealt with an unpleasant commenter in another part of your blog.

    ReplyDelete